The Rovaniemi Arctic Spirit Conference takes place on 12–13 November 2019 in Rovaniemi, Finland. Theme of the conference is climate change especially from the viewpoint of young people and future generations living in the Arctic. One goal of the event is to enhance dialogue between youth, researchers and decision makers.
Program of the first conference day consists of invited keynote
speeches and panel discussions. On the second day, parallel thematic
sessions will look into the main theme from various angles.
For the thematic sessions, conference organizers invite abstracts from
all disciplinary backgrounds. Abstracts should be sent before August 23,
2019 by email to rovaniemi.arcticspirit(at)ulapland.fi Number of
accepted presentations is limited.
Topics of the thematic sessions:
• Climate change as a challenge for organizations in the Arctic
• Climate change and the rights of present and future generations
• Live, work or leave? Youth-wellbeing and the viability of Arctic towns and cities
• Polar regional change: physical, social-ecological and economic feedbacks
• Arctic entwinements of energy, climate and politics
See more detailed instructions here
The coference is organized by the the Arctic Centre at the University of Lapland in cooperation with City of Rovaniemi. Registration will open in the beginning of June 2019.
For more information:
Conference coordinator Anne Raja-Hanhela
Arctic Centre, University of Lapland
+358 40 039 1337
Photo: Elli Alasaari